12.07.2008

First day with your new hands?

I worked yesterday--and I started off the day as though I had never before used my hands. Sometimes our shake machine overflows for whatever reason--and of course this had to happen to me yesterday. So the shake overflowed and started to flow onto the front of the shake machine. No big deal, I wiped it up quick before it fell. So I was taking the tray over to the sink to rinse off before it got messier and don't I drip a whole line of it all the way to the sink. Later on the shake machine and I fought again when I ended the shake early only to realize as it started coming out of the machine that it had already released itself automatically and I only made it start again. Oops.

I also sprayed whipped cream everywhere.
Dropped Sweet and Sour sauce outside the window
Dropped someones change
Opened a new roll of dimes to have them explode all over my drawer
Tripped over something.

Never have I had so much trouble with being a klutz. Guess I had an off day. How embarassing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've worked in four ice cream shops in my short life, and let me tell you that you'll never see messes as large as the ones you can make with ice cream.

When the metal milkshake glass slips off the clip and you're trying to make a large ice cream cone while the blades spin and shoot chocolate malt shake all over the walls, you're screwed.

Story of my life! I've vowed to never work in food again.

The_Laur said...

Haha. That is pretty crappy. I've also worked at an ice cream shop at home and I never had it that bad--that's rough. However, I am glad you understand the pain.

Anonymous said...

I work at the Starbucks, and let me tell you about some of the messes I have managed to make.

On one of my first days steaming milk, a coworker was showing me how and pressed the wrong button. When milk gets to hot, it explodes. Everywhere. Yet my fingers failed to work when everyone said "Just push the button again!"

If the whipped cream cartridges are not put together correctly, they too explode.

I constantly drop cups, lids, syrups, cups full of syrup, you name it.

The list could go on, but I think you get the point. We all have our days. Mine happen a lot. Let's just say my khaki pants will forever be covered in mocha syrup...

Anonymous said...

Wanna rant about bad messy days at work?

I work for my towns parks department (Henrietta); me and two co-workers had to clean up the worst mess ever. The first thing you don't want to hear when you walk into work at 7am is "the lateral sewage line backed up at town hall". Translation: stuff that goes down the toilet came back up.

Well, needless to say, it was terrbile. Me and my two co-workers had to shovel you know what for about two hours, what a great way to start off the day. But the bright side, you can't go anywhere but up from that job.

The_Laur said...

Katie: Dont you hate when that happens? You mess something up and then everyone tries to tell you how to fix it but then for some reason your hearing does not work either and you suddenly have no idea how to function? lol

And cups and lid dropping: been there done that, that is more like an everyday occurrence.

Jon: Poop shoveling?! Gross. I would have died, well probably a lot of people would have haha.

At least I know there is someone who has a worse time at their job.