11.05.2008

Happy Meal Toys

Ok...remember the mini Beanie Baby toy craze? When everyone and their mothers would collect these miniature versions of the real thing and there was a crazed mom at every McDonald's asking for toys 1, 6 and 11 (I don't even know which those are.) Well, for some reason even the not so popular toys tend to spark interest in people. Recently we had had Wizard of Oz toys, which I'll be honest, if I didn't work there and have access to I would be one of those crazed people, but back on topic; the Wizard of Oz toys seemed to ignite some weird crazy flame within every person in Fredonia. Every day, without fail, some jerk would come in looking for the "Lollipop guy" or "The Wicked Witch," thus holding up the drive-thru line while we scrummaged through boxes and bags of happy meal toys. Thank heavens those are gone...

On a side note however, next are Madagascar 2: Back to Africa toys and OMG am I excited. They look pretty cuuuute! ;-) I'm in college, I swear.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I would wait in line with my mom at like 6am to get those Teenie Beanies, I forgot about those. I think I got them all and I had so many Beanie Babys too. There is just something about having something that not many people have that feels good. Sadly enough, we spent all that money and they are all just sitting in big plastic tubs in my basement. I always think it is funny to see McDonald's toys being sold on eBay, but there are some crazy collectors out there. It will be interesting to see how much money the Teenie Beanies or the Wizard of Oz toys go for in like 20 years.

The_Laur said...

Haha...It seems that all those who collected the toys now keep them in Rubbermaid tubs in their basements. Weird. They already sell the Wizard of Oz ones online... People are crazy.

Kelly said...

I remember the teenie beanie babies. I would trade them at school to get the ones I wanted. I remember really wanting the bull and platyapus.

I'm excited for Madagascar toys. I want one of the penguins!

The_Laur said...

Kelly--I only ended up getting a Madagascar penguin, someone stole the other ones I wanted haha. But ya, those beanie baby toys were a killer. Rough scene